Sunday 17 October 2010

happy birthday to me

I was born on the 13th October in the year of dragon. Since I'm the one daughter who didn't stay any longer than 12 years with her family at home, I'm not that fond of celebrating that particular day. Most of the time I was in school so frankly all I got was text messages from my family with birthday wishes in it. Okay, maybe with a several birthday calls from my parents too. Till I had the chance to study abroad, celebrating my birthday was the least favourite for me.

I guess it's a bit weird though right? Well I can't say that I don't like to celebrate it at all because I did try to get the joyous feelings. Sadly, I just can't. We have a tradition to celebrate that particular day by having the whole family member to gather and have some dinner and of course stuffing our mouths with the birthday cake!

Now I know very well for my reasons not to want to celebrate my birthday. First, because most of the time I don't get the chance to have my family members right beside me. Regardless if I have my birthday cake but without them, it's definitely lonely and empty.


p.s. 2nd reason: I don't know why but I don't like to be reminded annually that I'getting older and older. Haha

p.s.s. I specifically requested to have only 2 small candles(equals to 2 years old if you didn't get what i mean) on my birthday cake. To my disappointment, they neglected my every words and urged me to blow all the candles. Sigh. I don't want to be a 36 years old nanny yet!

1 comment: