Sunday 21 July 2013

The Maxi Dress Trend

Those flowy maxi dresses that most girls are currently wearing is totally a big trend! Since I haven't been out of the house except only for sending/fetching sister and little brothers from school, I didn't really get the chance to see people who wear those maxi dresses casually. But those online websites gave me enough ideas on how to style this particular outfit. For some people, maxi dresses might look tad boring and accentuates more of the feminine side which I'm sure that not everyone is a fond of it. 

I've seen lots of people wearing long skirts and dresses back in that tiny little island. Anyway, that's because they don't really have their national clothes to wear during office hours except for kebaya. But nobody wears kebaya to work. Kebayas are meant for big events like weddings, graduations, engagement parties, Hari Raya Aidilfitiri and everything else equals to that. And that's why I was never a big fan of long skirts and maxi dresses back then since everyone was literally wearing the same style everyday and everywhere. It really did look boring. 

Anyway, I wanted to try out this particular outfit since I am no longer inhabitant of that tiny little island. Hopefully I won't turn out to resemble like one of them. Fingers crossed.

Last but not least, here is a picture of me and my sister just for general viewing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment