Friday 26 July 2013

Of Job Interview and Iftar With Friends

So these 2 events occurred on the same day but just let me begin with the interview story first. On Tuesday night 23rd, my mom told me to go get ready for the interview since my dad is going to send me right after Subuh. So after sahur I didn't sleep at all and got ready and off we went to Kuala Lumpur early in the morning.

Thank goodness, we managed to avoid the bad traffic here and there. Meanwhile, my friends had already arrived at Jalan Cenderasari and told me how nervous they were since everybody else were always revising their notes and whatnot. That made my stomach cringed for a while. It has been a really long time since I had that 'butterflies in my belly' moment. And that day, my stomach wasn't being friendly at all.

Around 7.17 am I finally arrived at Pusat Temuduga SPA. There were already around 20 other young doctors came for the interview. I swear I panicked a bit and my face changed but I quickly find my friends and ask them how on earth are we going to survive this today? Haha.

Anyway, we were told to go upstairs and fill in some form, submit it, and then patiently wait for our turns to go into the respective rooms. This part, well everybody went crazy. Oh, I forgot to mention that there were 103 in total of young doctors on that particular day. It was a really big number. Hence, we were called into the room in a group of 5. Which frankly made the process a lot smoother. 2 rooms, 5 person each session, each session lasted around 7-10 minutes. And my name was called after the first few rounds.

I tried hard not to look nervous, but there were no mirrors around, and I really think my face showed it all. Haha. We were asked to introduce ourselves and then the interviewer asked us about our opinions regarding medicine and the career as a doctor, well none of us said anything but me. I said that honestly, I really love medicine and I find that medicine is very interesting, but I'm quite worried because the responsibilities that I carry from now on is huge and I cannot afford to make any mistakes at all.

That statement made everyone else including the interviewer drop their jaws. It was silent for a moment or two. And then the rest was history. By 10.20 am, I was already out of the room waiting for my dad to pick me up and go back home.

Did I mention about iftar with friends? Oh yes I did. So this iftar was held in Laman Gril in Shah Alam. A nice decent place with endless food and people. There were 3 of us who live around Kuala Lumpur and unfortunately none of us got to carpool together because of zero car inheritance. So we decided to go to Shah Alam by public transport! It took me around 25 minutes to reach KL Sentral and about 55 minutes to reach Shah Alam Station from KL Sentral. Then my other friend fetched us and went straight to Laman Grill.

Personally, I am grateful that there is an event like this. We get to gather and meet each other again before everyone moves on with their own life, workaholic doctors, go get married or even pop a baby. Thanks for the memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment