Thursday 1 August 2013

More Than Halfway There

It's already Thursday! Which means that tomorrow will be the last day for school! Which also means that Hari Raya is merely a week away, God willing. To flashback my Ramadan this year, it was well spent compared to the ones I had when I was back in that tiny little island. 

The first thing is obviously about the preparing food for iftar. I can never deny that those hours fasting sure did make the stomach crave for literally anything. Like that one time when me and my baby brother craved for sugar cane drinks. To my surprise, they don't sell sugar cane drinks in a large bottle in the supermarket here. They only have sugar cane drinks in a small soda can. How will that feed 7 hungry stomachs? So we needed to purchase it at a hawker's stall instead.

Also there's this one time, when we were making kuih for iftar, it seemed like everything should be in shades of rainbow. Like this rainbow kuih puteri mandi and this almost rainbow-fied jelly. My mom also made rainbow kuih lapis. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of that one. Otherwise, I would have a series of rainbow food already! Haha.




We also started making kuih raya. The picture below should be the filling of pineapple tart cookies. We did made quite a batch of cookies. And we ate them all already. Haha. So much to be called as 'kuih raya'. The kuih itself cannot be kept till raya. I guess the only way to make sure that any cookies can last till 1st Syawal is to bake them right on the night before. But I am not sure myself who among us willing to do that.


Anyway, last Friday, the three of us sisters went to KLCC mosque to join this iftar with orphans event. Hence, the baju kurung. Hmm speaking of clothes, my maxi dress for raya has already done. Hope that it will turn out to be just nice by the time I put it on for raya. I'm not really hoping for something glamorous and all. Just humble and decent will do for me.

Anyway, secretly I sometimes do hope that the three of us have a bit of resemblance. Unfortunately, we look a lot like friends than blood related siblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment