Saturday 7 September 2013

Disastrous One

A couple of weeks ago, all of the girls in our family went for window shopping. Well actually, my 2nd sister was going to start her school so she needed to buy stuff and whatnot. I myself, took a chance to have my own window shopping session too. I was looking for a decent working pants and blouses for work. Unfortunately, and how embarrassing this is but I've got to say that I can't even fit the XS. I've got to admit that that was one of the saddest moments in life so far.

Anyway, I couldn't remember whether it was me or my mom's idea but a couple of days later we went to Nagoya Textiles to buy some fabric. To custom-made my working pants, obviously. Little that I know, it was quite pricey to buy a 1 and a half meters of fabric. I ended up buying 2 different fabrics and secretly crossing my fingers hoping that it will be worth the dime.

After my mom did some research on how to make my working pants, finally a few days ago, it started. My mom was the one who drew the sketches and cut them and pin them onto the fabrics whilst I was the one who sketched them back onto the fabric and whatnot.

And here comes the unfortunate part of the story Mind you, during the process there were a lot of cutting, sewing, ironing to do. I was in the middle of ironing the fabric and stupid me, I didn't notice that the iron was on high. Once I lifted the iron, I saw the fabric crumpled together and I just couldn't let myself see anymore of it. I stomped into my room regretting on how careless I was and how much effort that were wasted and how much time and energy has it consumed. And didn't manage to turn out fine.

After a few minutes alone, well I'm not sure exactly whether being alone really helped or not because after I saw what the hot iron did to the fabric, I got mad with it, again. Sigh.

See, I even captured a decent picture of my mom during work in progress. How little did I know that my pretty little fabric will turn to be crumpled under the hot iron -__-


No comments:

Post a Comment