Tuesday 13 August 2013

Eid Mubarak

I hope it's not too late to wish Selamat Hari Raya! I know that it's already the 6th day of Syawal but better late than never. This year we went back to both of my parents hometown. The journey started on the first day of Syawal to Ipoh, Perak (my mom's hometown) at 1 pm  but the heavy traffic only allowed us to reach our destination at 5 pm! Oh and this year we decided to drive in two separate cars since the one car can no longer fit us all in anymore. 

When we reached Ipoh, the usual visiting-relatives-and-filling-up-hungry-tummy business resumed. Then we went to Taiping and decided to overnight there. Since we were too tired to continue the balik kampung journey, we decided to stay another night in Ipoh and only went back to Kuala Lumpur on the 3rd day of raya. 

Around 8 am on the 4th day of Syawal, the journey resumed. The destination was Batu Pahat, Johor (my dad's hometown). We visited a few relatives and went back to Kuala Lumpur on the same day! Honestly, I never thought that it is ever achievable to do something like that. Haha. 

Speaking of Hari Raya, I did enjoy mine this year. As I'm not even sure whether I can have my raya leave next year. But anyway, the one boy that sure did enjoy his raya this year is of course my baby brother. I got to admit that it maybe because of he is the smallest among us that he got more duit raya compare to everyone of us. Haha. But he's also able to unleash his inner kampung boy spirit during this festive season. By kampung boy, I mean being mischievous 11 year old boy who talks a lot and never seemed to be low in energy i.e. running around and jumping up and down and of course... play some firecrackers and fireworks.

Yup, this one little boy here.


So yeah, that kind of sums up my 1st week of raya. I purposely forget to put up pictures of me in my baju raya. Hmm maybe some other time. Or maybe just never :p

No comments:

Post a Comment