Friday 16 August 2013

Raya Convoy

On the next morning after I attended the wedding reception, as I said before, sore throat came to greet me. This time around, it's a very nasty one. I had to take a couple of sore throat mints right after I woke up.To make it worst, it became severe through out the day.

This raya convoy was on the 8th Syawal aka 14th August 2013. Since a lot of our uni friends turned up for the wedding reception, we decided to organize a raya convoy. There were 14 of us altogether. And it was fun! Truth be told, I have never ever had this kind of experience like ever. Who would have guessed that this silent, introvert girl would have joined something as big as this huh?

The plan was to go to Shah Alam to the first house at 10 am. Since I woke up a little late than everyone else, we didn't manage to stick to the original plan. Din came to fetch me at 10 am and later we went to fetch Rashid. And since Malay promises are never good, we were only at Shah Alam around 11.30 am. Eiji did a really good job by cooking all the glorious and scrumptious Malaysian cuisines. There's nasi lemak, nasi impit, kuah lodeh, lemang, rendang and endless raya cookies. Lucky that we purposely didn't have any breakfast beforehand.

 L-R: Din, Eiji, Rayyan, Eiji's Dad, Faheem, Anis, Rashid, Me

 Eating time!

 Munching and chewing continues

 The usual family portrait

 Family portrait #2

At Eiji's house, there's Ain who came all the way from Langkawi  and Anis who came all the way from Ipoh. But Anis needed to be somewhere else so we only met her at Eiji's. After sending Anis to the train station, we went to Razan's place at Setia Alam. Unfortunately, we succeeded in getting lost.

 Out of the house going to Setia Alam

Posing with Din's fresh from-the-oven car!

After several highways and turns and toll gates we finally reached Setia Alam. After a few bites, we had the usual photo sessions. Albeit, the numerous pictures this time.

Much bigger crowd this time.
L-R: Suffi, Razan, Ain, Eiji, Fatin, Aimi, Fera, Rashid, Din, Me, Radin, Faheem

 Family portrait #3

These three people got lost on the road! 
*I'll tell the story in the next post

Hmm. This post is getting longer than what I've expected. I think I'm going to break it into several parts if I'm not lazy lah. Till then, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment