Sunday 4 August 2013

Unfortunate Event


It's so easy to guess. What else could it be rather than the old faithful car broke down? Yes, the car definitely broke down.yesterday. Luckily I wasn't alone. My mom and I went to fetch my baby sister from a funeral in the evening. Her friend's mom passed away earlier in the morning, Al-fatihah. May God bless her.

It was around 4 or 5 pm when we got to the house to fetch my baby sister and her friend. We sent her friend home then supposedly, we were going to the supermarket to buy ingredients for iftar. Only the path wasn't that smooth. Due to bad traffic and the climbing-hill road, the car was only able to move a few meters since the past few red lights. Oh and not to mention, there were lots of red lights along the way. -__-

I told my mom that the road was never a friendly road for drivers like me. Haha. It's just that the road is too challenging for someone who doesn't like challenge at all like yours truly. Just imagine heavy traffic + red lights + overloaded automobiles + climbing hills? And then it happened. The old car wasn't behaving really well that time. There's a lot of the time my mom reminded me to not let the car die in the middle of the road. I swear I tried my best not to let that happen.

Unfortunately, it did happen. But not because it suddenly died. But because suddenly I realized that it was overheated. That the temperature was over the roof. And that there was nothing we could do but to stop the engine in the middle of the busy road -__-

My mom called my dad while me and my baby sister went blank. Haha. Being a not helping hand at all. Then suddenly some good Samaritan pull over in front of us and asked us what had happened. It was obvious that the car's engine was overheated and there was nothing that any of us can do but to push the car to the side of the road so that at least we were not blocking the traffic and wait for the engine to cool down manually. We thanked both of the guys for helping some stranger like us during time in need. 

"Next time, always remember to check the water level in the engine!" that was what my dad said. Haha. Okay fine, we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment